Thursday, June 5, 2008

You write the caption - Dog awareness week WINNERS

I have a confession to make. I was delivering mail to me mum's house in Boston once and her old hound dog rose up and nipped me right in the hindquarter. I never told anyone, until now. Just think of the scandal! The Postmaster General getting bit would have given my opposition a field day.

What kind of dog stories will you tell? Send me an email here and I'll make sure your story gets told!

Lots of you responded to the "write a caption contest" related to the photo at the right. I really laughed at some of these...even though I'm not supposed to. Dog bites are serious business, but we can still enjoy a good line. Here are the finalists:

  • "Not yet, Puppy. Wait for it. Wait for it."
  • "BEWARE! Quiet dogs may bite!!"
  • "Repeat after me 'This is National Dog Bite Prevention Week.'"
  • "Let him go -- he knows its our week!"
  • "Hey Ralph look, lunch is being delivered."
  • "We're gettin' old, Pete."
  • "Do you know what's in your dogs mind?"

And the winner is............

"Oh Boy! Letters 'n' Bits, Letters 'n' Bits, Letters 'n'....." -- submitted by PM Jerry

Thanks to all for playing along!

No comments: