Thursday, March 5, 2009

More gain, less pain

It hurts me when your job hurts you.

That's why its so good to hear that we're a safer place to work.

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Injuries and Illnesses (I&Is) scores for quarter 1 of fiscal year 2009 were just released and they show just how well we’re performing against that goal. Nationally, OSHA I&Is are down 2,314 or -22.7 percent compared to the same period last year (SPLY). Our year-to-date OSHA I&I rate is 4.76 per 100 employees.

Other more specific year-to-date numbers, compared to SPLY, are:

  • Handling and lifting OSHA I&Is are down 290 or -19.7 percent.
  • Slips, trips and falls (STF) on premises are down 135 or -11.9 percent. STF off premises are down 322 or -14.5 percent.
  • Dog attacks and bites are down 137 or -19.4 percent.
  • Nationally, musculoskeletal disorder OSHA I&Is decreased by 776 or -38.6 percent.
  • Year-to-date OSHA exposure hours are -26.7 million or -7.45 percent to SPLY.

No comments: