A few highlights are:
- A 9% decrease in overall energy consumption between 2005 and 2008 and decreasing facility energy use 18% over the same time period.
- Recycled 232,000 tons of plastic and paper in 2008
- Diverted 20,000 tons of paper waste from landfills through 4,000 Post Office recycling bins is office lobbies.
- Reduced energy intensity by 17% since 2003 and increased alternative fuel use by 61% since 2005
- Investing $150 million annually in facilities upgrades
- Purchased more than $200 million in recycled products