Location, location, location. For the well-to-do, it's all about having the right ZIP Code.
Although the Postal Service uses ZIP Codes for mail transportation, sortation and delivery, their are plenty of other uses.
Forbes magazine recently sorted the nation's wealthy by ZIP Codes, using median home price as a gauge on wealth. California, despite the recent real estate plunge, is still a wealth leader.
The most expensive? Duarte, California, ZIP 91008. The median cost of a home there is $4.7 million.
Here's the rest of the list:
2. 94027, Atherton, CA, $4 million
3. 90274, Rolling Hills, CA, $3.8 million
4. 07620, Alpine, NJ, $3.8 million
5. 10014, New York, NY, $3.7 million
6. 90210, Beverly Hills, CA, $3.6 million
7. 10065, New York, NY, $3.6 million
8. 94920, Belvedere/Tiburon, CA, $3.2 million
9. 10012, New York, NY, $3.2 million.
10. 93108, Santa Barbara/Montecito, CA, $3.1 million
Check out the data in your ZIP here.
Have you ever lived near one of these ZIP Codes? Know anyone who does? Comment here.