The U.S. Postal Service has a green newsroom, a one-stop shop for all our environmental information.
There you'll see photos of energy-saving vehicles and facilities, green products and services, and a time-lapse video of the construction of New York’s largest green roof, the Postal Service’s green newsroom is its newest, most informative site to visit on Earth Day.
On the site you'll get answers to the questions:
· How big is the Postal Service’s carbon footprint?
· How is the Postal Service decreasing its carbon emissions?
· How many hundreds of millions of dollars in energy costs has the Postal Service saved since 2007?
· How many hundreds of thousands of tons of waste did the Postal Service recycle in 2008? (Hint - enough to fill America’s tallest building.)
· How are expired or unwanted pharmaceuticals safely discarded with the Postal Service’s help without harming the environment?