The Postal Service recently filed for new prices, covering First-Class Mail, Standard Mail, Periodicals, Package Services and Special Services, with the Postal Regulatory Commission (PRC) according to a press release.
This is the first pricing increase in mailing services in 2 years.
Highlights of the new pricing include:
- First-Class letters (1 ounce) remain unchanged at 44 cents;
- First-Class letters additional ounces increase to 20 cents;
- Postcards will cost 29 cents;
- Letters to Canada or Mexico (1 ounce) increase to 80 cents; and,
- Letters to other international destinations will remain unchanged at 98 cents.
The new prices do not affect Express Mail or Priority Mail pricing.
The price changes are expected to generate $340 million for the balance of the fiscal year and $720 million if implemented for a 12-month period.
Detailed information about the pricing is available online at www.usps.com/prices.