Friday, July 23, 2010

"Not on my route!" -- Carrier has saved three lives

USA Today wrote a story about Akron, OH, carrier Keith McVey, and it's a good one.

Over the years, the 53-year-old carrier has helped save three people while on the job.

Last week he performed CPR on an unconscious man on the side of the road.
Two years ago, he pulled a drowning girl from the lake.
Twenty years ago, when a teenager tried to take his life by jumping off a bridge on a snowy winter day, McVey talked him down.

A big Benny Salute to Keith McVey!

Comment here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud to say I work for the same company as Mr. McVey and I'm glad his acts of herorism made the national news. The USPS employees I've worked with are caring, compassionate people who help their neighbors in both small and large ways every day. Thank you, Mr. McVey.

grannybunny said...

He is a genuine hero who stands out even among all of the heroes who work for USPS. He deserves the recognition.

Joan said...

Congradulations Mr. McVey. I'm proud you are Postal.

Anonymous said...

Our Carriers do so many wonderful deeds with so much not being reported. Postal employees are the most generous group of people I have ever been lucky enough to work with.

Anonymous said...

An Angel with Eagle wings, I say.
Awesome story!

Anonymous said...

I am very proud of the dedicated Postal employees that go beyond the call of duty to help those in need. I am afraid that if Saturday delivery is cut out then there may be some of our customers that would have no one to check if there is a carrier or other Postal employee to be looking out. I know that if any of my eldery customers that pick up their PO Box mail daily I call some one or go by their house during lunch to check on them.