Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Work Like A Dog

It's been a hard day's night,

and I've been working like a dog.

~ The Beatles

Dogs are more than just best friends — they can also be superb coworkers. The U.S. Postal Service celebrates the enduring partnership between dogs and people with the Dogs at Work issuance.

A set of four stamps depicts four hard-working canines: a black Labrador retriever is a guide dog assisting a woman who is blind, a yellow Labrador retriever is a tracking dog on the trail of a scent, a Welsh springer spaniel is a therapy dog visiting an elderly woman in her home, and a German shepherd is a search and rescue dog standing in a field, ready to tackle the next assignment.

The 65-cent denomination is the rate for 2 oz First Class Mail.

What do you think about the Dogs At Work stamp? Click here


Anonymous said...

They are nice stamps, I'm an animal lover! But they should have made them brighter in color.

Anonymous said...

I think they are very nice. They kind of have the "old fashioned" flair to them.

Robert said...

I agree with the first comment; they really have a "washed out" look. It's a shame, because they are a truly worthy subject to be on a stamp.

Anonymous said...

I like them! In fact, I bought a pane so I can put them on postcards I send out from PostCrossing.com :)