Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Work Like A Dog




It's been a hard day's night,

and I've been working like a dog.

~ The Beatles

Dogs are more than just best friends — they can also be superb coworkers. The U.S. Postal Service celebrates the enduring partnership between dogs and people with the Dogs at Work issuance.

A set of four stamps depicts four hard-working canines: a black Labrador retriever is a guide dog assisting a woman who is blind, a yellow Labrador retriever is a tracking dog on the trail of a scent, a Welsh springer spaniel is a therapy dog visiting an elderly woman in her home, and a German shepherd is a search and rescue dog standing in a field, ready to tackle the next assignment.

The 65-cent denomination is the rate for 2 oz First Class Mail.



What do you think about the Dogs At Work stamp? Click here

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are nice stamps, I'm an animal lover! But they should have made them brighter in color.

Anonymous said...

I think they are very nice. They kind of have the "old fashioned" flair to them.

Robert said...

I agree with the first comment; they really have a "washed out" look. It's a shame, because they are a truly worthy subject to be on a stamp.

Anonymous said...

I like them! In fact, I bought a pane so I can put them on postcards I send out from PostCrossing.com :)