Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Free coffee to all USPS carriers on Wednesday

According to a Dunkin Donuts press release, the chain will offer any size free coffee to any USPS letter carrier.

The rules are that you have to be in uniform or show a "union card identification."

"The United States Postal Service letter carriers serve tirelessly throughout the holiday season, and we wanted to recognize their hard work during this very busy time of year," said John Costello, Dunkin' Brands' Chief Global Customer and Marketing Officer. "We invite letter carriers to kick off the season with a free cup of coffee at their local Dunkin' Donuts restaurant, and to know that we are there to help keep them running through snow or rain or gloom of night."

My problem is that I simply cannot fit into my size 46 pants anymore. Can I go into Dunkin Donuts and just get the coffee?

I said this in 1780: “What makes resisting temptation difficult for many people, is that they don't want to discourage it completely.”

Any one else want to give a 'field report' on the free coffee? Send a photo? Email me here.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

how about retail associates who deal with the public everyday

Anonymous said...

Saw this announcement everywhere yesterday but internally. Why was this generous acknowledgement of our employees ignored by the Postal Service (HQ, Districts)? The carriers can stop in anytime -- before & after work too -- if supervisors are too concerned re: delivery time. Would have been a great partnering op -- we may sell coffee in Post Offices one day while people stand in line during the holidays.

Anonymous said...

while retail associates are tucked away in a nice warm office all day, carriers are dealing with elements daily. I can not remember all the days last year , I thought to myself I was happy I was not out in Tornado, Hail, Blizzard, or Flood. THANK YOU to the carriers who do. And do it in evaluated time!

MBAcarrier said...

what about plant personnel, in station clerks and rural carriers?