Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Calling All Authors, Photographers and Story Tellers!

Hello all, Benny here. I love writing stories about as much as I enjoy reading them. In fact, I used to write for my brothers’ newspaper when I first got started, but I wasn’t satisfied with just my own perspective. That’s too boring! So, without James knowing about it, I wrote under the pseudo name Silence Dogood among others. I had a lot of fun with that, and to this day I’m not sure my brother ever knew it was me. Keep that just between us though, ok?

Like I said, I enjoy reading stories, and the more the better. That’s where you come in. I’m looking for stories from other perspectives that stir my soul. Stories that are fun, adventurous, and downright quirky. A photo or two to capture the essence of your literary voyage would be wonderful if you could toss that in too.

I want to hear from you, and I’m sure I’m not the only one either. This is your postal blog as much as it is mine, so send me your creative postal stories about life, work, and even that turkey running across the employee parking lot to escape the farmer down the road.

I think it’s time for a snack, so send me those stories while I get ready for lunch. Hope to hear from you soon!

Benny

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Once upon a time there was a postal service that allowed itself to get too big and did nothing to change until they lost billions of dollars...

Grannybunny said...

One of our senior citizen customers went missing. His family asked to put posters in our lobby, seeking information as to his whereabouts. A certified letter arrived for the missing man from the Auto Pound in a neighboring suburb. By contacting the Auto Pound, his family discovered that the man's car had been towed there because he had been arrested. He was in jail because the arresting officer mistook the man's diabetic symptoms for being drunk. The family was able to secure his release from jail and get him emergency medical treatment in time to save his life. A piece of Certified Mail saved someone's life.

Anonymous said...

One of my customers stopped at the post office on his way to go hiking with his son-in-law.I always keep some hard candy for mt customers.We live in a rural area, so it is nice to get something sweet.He left on his hiking trip.While they were hiking they got lost and a blizzard hit the area.The son-in-law made it home , but my customer didn't.He spent the night out in the wilderness.He says the hard candy he took from the post office helped him survive.He almost didn't make it hom.He is fine today

Anonymous said...

I have worked at the same Post Office for 24 1/2 years, my Postmaster retired almost 2 years ago, I took over as Officer in Charge. It's a rural office where everyone knows everyone and the Post Office is the heart of the community. Now with the new POSTPLAN they are moving Postmasters around and bringing in someone that lives 60+ miles away, so much for the hometown personal customer service that our customers like. The Postal Service is making very bad decisions and are making customer service a thing of the past. I'm sad because I love this town and my job that I no longer have!