Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Don’t Forget Dad



Hello all, Benny here. I just wanted to take a moment to remind you that this coming Sunday, June 17th, is Father’s Day, and to let you know what the day means to me.

My dad, Josiah, had strong career goals for each of his 17 children. As his 10th and last-born son, he instilled within me the strong desire to learn a trade just as he had done with my older brothers. He didn’t have much money at the time though, and he could only afford to send me to the Boston Latin School for a couple of years. That ruled out his hopes of my attending Harvard College and ultimately becoming a minister.

My dad was a very creative man though and sent me to apprentice with my brother in the printing business. He knew I had a passion for reading, and he encouraged me to pursue my dreams the best way he knew how. That thoughtful move started me down a career path that ultimately made me the success that I became.

While I don’t need a special day to remember my dad, I think Father’s Day is a great opportunity just to say thanks.

If you’re still searching for the right gift to send your dad, here are a few suggestions that could work:


The Marvel Comic Book set catches my eye the most. It might be all of the superhero movies I’ve seen recently or maybe it’s just that I never had a comic book in my youth. Either way, the set looks like it would be a lot of fun, so I’m going to pop over to the website and check it out.

Until next time, Folks. Happy Father’s Day!

Benny

What's your fondest memory of dad? 

No comments: